Orange County Coastkeeper is seeking outgoing and well-organized individuals to join our Outreach Team. These are temporary, part-time positions set to end on April 30, 2024. Positions include:
Community Outreach Specialist – Bilingual Vietnamese
Applicants for this position must possess excellent communication skills and work effectively as part of a team. The position includes identifying and attending community events with an emphasis on outreach to Vietnamese-speaking populations. Excellent communication skills are required both in person and over the phone.
In partnership with the State of California, Coastkeeper is working to provide Vietnamese-speaking communities with information and resources on water conservation, adapting to hotter weather, COVID-19, and more.
Start Date: As soon as possible
- Attend community events and clearly communicate to the general public.
- Identify a variety of outreach opportunities
- Complete tasks assigned by supervisor
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Fluent in Vietnamese and English
- Ability to manage several tasks at once and prioritize their importance
- Ability to work in person at Coastkeeper’s office in Costa Mesa, CA
- Ability to travel to events throughout Orange County
- A commitment to public interest work and a passion for Coastkeeper’s mission
- Ability to work both independently and in collaboration with others
Compensation and Other Details
- $20 an hour with an average of 8-10 hours of work per week
- Work hours may include nights and weekends
- This is a temporary position set to end on April 30, 2024.
About OC Coastkeeper
OC Coastkeeper is a non-profit organization that protects swimmable, drinkable, fishable water and promotes watershed resilience throughout our region. For over 20 years, we’ve had incredible success with our innovative programs in environmental education, advocacy, marine restoration, research, and water quality enforcement. Coastkeeper plays a significant role in developing local water policy, affecting issues such as water recycling and industrial stormwater permits. As a member of the California Coastkeeper Alliance and Waterkeeper Alliance, we also work on matters impacting the state, the country, and the world. By joining Coastkeeper, you would become a member of the community’s leading voice on water and coastal issues.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Coastkeeper is an equal opportunity employer, highly values diversity, and provides advancement opportunities to everyone. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and ability.
How to Apply
If you are interested in and qualified for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com.
If your resume indicates a potential match for our requirements, we will contact you. Please, no phone calls or emails to the office regarding this opening. Posting will remain open until filled.