All people have the inalienable right to clean water. Coastkeeper promotes and restores water resources that are Drinkable, Fishable, Swimmable, and Sustainable.
Orange County Coastkeeper (Coastkeeper) is a nonprofit clean water organization that serves as a proactive steward of our fresh- and saltwater ecosystems.
We work collaboratively with diverse groups in the public and private sectors to achieve healthy, accessible, and sustainable water resources for the region. We implement innovative, effective programs in education, advocacy, restoration, research, enforcement, and conservation.
- Build a regional, collaborative approach to watershed management
- Develop water quality solutions that meet the needs of both the environment and the community
- Implement actions and programs that have well-defined, measurable results
- Increase environmental awareness among citizens, students, policy makers and the business community
- Ensure compliance with the Federal Clean Water Act and state, regional and local environmental laws
- Conduct research to identify and quantify pollution impacts, and provide sound evidence for policy and enforcement actions