Are you a writer, designer or creative mind with a love for people and the environment? If so, this is the internship for you. The program provides the opportunity to develop passions while making an impact on local communities. Through community-based environmental stewardship and conservation, the program aims to unite Orange County residents in the name of clean coastal areas.
- Draft press releases and media alerts
- Create content for social media
- Schedule and post content on social media
- Contact and engage with local businesses and organizations
- Create marketing materials such as fliers and e-blasts
- Design images for online content
- Assist during cleanups
- Take photos at events
Applicants should have experience with creating marketing and communications projects and an interest in environmental awareness campaigns. Candidates must have excellent oral and written communication skills, highly developed organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to manage projects. He or she must be hard working, self-motivated and must demonstrate a deep commitment and passion for environmental protection.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Writing experience using AP Style
- Attention to detail
- Confidence in public speaking
- Creative mindset
- Ability to work independently
- Preferred digital design experience with photoshop, canva, etc.
Orange County Coastkeeper accepts applications year round. To be considered for a 100-hour, unpaid intern position, please fill out this application and send it along with your resume to Julia Williams at email@example.com.