What is the FireScape Program?
Water is a critical resource that is not naturally abundant in Southern California. While we import water to meet our needs, it comes at a high cost to the environment and is becoming increasingly expensive.
Over 60 percent of residential water use occurs outside of the home, mostly for landscaping. We can change that.
How Orange County Coastkeeper is Helping the Community with FireScapes
Through the FireScape Program, Coastkeeper helps property owners and landscaping contractors prevent homes in Orange County from fire risk.
Contact Ray Hiemstra at 714-850-1965 x 1003 or [email protected] to get started.
Be sure to check with your water supplier as they may be offering a rebate to get you started on your project!
- Turf Rebate BeWaterWise – Metropolitan Water District of California
- Turf Rebate MWD of Orange County
- California Native Plant Society
- Chino Basin Water Conservation District
- UCCE Orange County Master Gardeners
- The California Garden Web
- UC Davis Arboretum All-Stars
- Los Angeles Costal Cities Water Wise Gardening
- Inland Valley Garden Planner