- Combination environmental policy and litigation work.
- Draft comment letters on permits, policies, and regulations related to water quality and water supply issues.
- Represent Orange County Coastkeeper and associated programs at administrative agency hearings.
- Assist in litigation from investigation through trial, including drafting pleadings, discovery, motion practice, etc.
- Research and write grants to fund environmental advocacy.
- Manage relationships with co-counsel, clients, and coalition partners.
- General counsel duties for Orange County Coastkeeper and associated programs including Inland Empire
- Waterkeeper and Coachella Valley Waterkeeper, including review of contracts.
- Applicants must admitted to the California bar.
- Working knowledge of California regulatory agencies.
- Confident in oral advocacy skills a must.
- Grant-writing experience.
- Minimum 1 year litigation experience with additional 2-3 years of policy/advocacy experience preferred.
- Experience with MS4 permits and other NPDES permits preferred.
- Superb research, analysis, writing, and oral advocacy skills.
- A commitment to public interest work and a passion for Orange County Coastkeeper’s mission.
- Ability to work both independently and in collaboration with others.
- Knowledge of the Clean Water Act is preferred.
- Knowledge of RCRA, SDWA, and tribal natural resources law a bonus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Orange County Coastkeeper is an equal opportunity employer, highly values diversity, and provides advancement opportunities to everyone. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications and ability. Compensation commensurate with experience.
If you are interested in and qualified for this position, please send your résumé and a cover letter to
[email protected], subject line “YOUR LAST NAME, Staff Attorney.” If your materials indicate a potential match for our requirements, we will contact you. Please, no phone calls or emails to the office regarding this opening. Position open until filled.