As we now spend the majority of our time in our homes, we’re using water in new ways. Certainly, we’re washing our hands more, but also, we’re cooking, cleaning and doing other activities that are increasing water use. Now is a time more than ever to keep in mind tips and tricks to conserve water.
Here are simple things to keep in mind as you use water at home:
- Turn off the tap when you soap your hands
- Reduce your shower time
- While waiting for hot water to come down to the pipes, catch the cool shower water in a bucket and repurpose it
- Water your garden and plants with a watering can rather than a hose
- Turn off the tap when brushing your teeth
- Always use full loads in your washing machine and dishwasher
- Rinse vegetables and fruit in a sink or bowl filled with water instead of under running water
There’s a ton of ways you can reduce water consumption at home. Everyone rides their own wave so ask yourself:
What can you change about your daily habits to make sure you use less water?