Community to Join Orange County Coastkeeper for a Virtual Neighborhood Cleanup
- Coastkeeper to celebrate Earth Day with spin on beach cleanup program
- Participants encouraged to share neighborhood findings with Coastkeeper through social media
Community members across Orange County are invited to participate in Orange County Coastkeeper’s very first virtual cleanup called, Beautification on Your Block. In honor of Earth Day, the event encourages people to enjoy a walk around their neighborhood while picking up trash and litter, and share findings with Coastkeeper on social media. In accordance with California State regulations, participants will be reminded to maintain a safe social distance of six feet from anyone not part of their household.
With the stay-at-home order in place in California, outdoor recreational activity is limited. Going for a walk for fresh air or exercising outdoors is among the few activities people are still able to participate in. By offering Beautification on Your Block in place of its regular beach cleanups and other community service activities, Coastkeeper will continue to serve as an important resource for the community and the environment.
- Orange County Coastkeeper
- Families and community members across Orange County
- Saturday, April 18
- This is an all-day event, at any time convenient to community members and their quarantined loved ones
- Organization: Orange County Coastkeeper
- Interviews available: For interviews with Orange County Coastkeeper, contact Isabella: [email protected]
- Link to use in your story:
21 YEARS OF ORANGE COUNTY COASTKEEPER: For twenty-one years, Southern California residents have relied on Orange County Coastkeeper to be their leading voice in protecting clean water. The organization works collaboratively with diverse groups in the public and private sectors to achieve healthy, accessible, and sustainable water resources for the region. Coastkeeper achieves this through innovative, effective programs in education, advocacy, restoration, research, enforcement, and conservation. Coastkeeper is a member of the International Waterkeeper Alliance, which has 236 different independent programs across 29 countries. For more information, visit www.coastkeeper.org or call 714-850-1965.